The training plan said a 20km run was due today so I headed out shortly after 9am even though it snowed yesterday and most side streets were slushy and slippery. Once I got going though, the run became a fun little game called Dodge the Sludge – every street had some clear areas and if not, then I just ran on the road as there wasn’t much traffic.
When I got to Wimbledon Common, the paths there were properly snowy and it was kind of cool to run with the crunch of snow under my feet at every step.
I’m so glad that this darn cold that I had just after New Year’s is now truly behind me and I’m on the move again 🙂 Training schedule for last week has been:
- Saturday: 12km with a pace of 5.31 min/km.
- Sunday: 17.41km with a pace of 5.26.
- Monday: Rest day
- Tuesday: Crossfit (had to do 300 squats and was afraid I’d not be able to move for the rest of the week!)
- Wednesday: 15km with a pace of 5:12! Sore quads but I was flying!
- Thursday: 5.09km with a pace of 5:03.
- Friday: Crossfit
- Saturday (today): 20.12km with a pace of 5:30.
Tomorrow is 10km day but I think I’ll do it in the gym as I have a day pass that’s about to expire and as much fun as Dodge the Sludge was today, it doesn’t let me run as fast as I can.
Who else has been out for a run in the snow this week?