7 In marathon/ running

Marathon training: Week 7 – I’m back!

This training week went very well. I feel like the shin troubles of week 5 are behind me and I didn’t hit the wall on my long run like I did last week so all in all it’s back to business.

I am excited that the Paris marathon is only 28 days away. As much as marathon training is a very interesting learning experience, it’s tiring and time consuming and I feel ready to do this race (and then not run for a week :).

Training this week was:

• Monday: Crossfit
  • Tuesday: Rest day
  • Wednesday: 15.94 km at 5:12 min/km pace, 1:22:56 = 9.9 miles
  • Thursday: Crossfit
  • Friday: Rest day
  • Saturday: Longest freaking run – 32.55 km at 5:52 pace, 3:10:52 = 20.22 miles
  • Sunday: 8.11 km at 5:05 pace, 41:11 = 5 miles

Total: 56.6 km = 35.17 miles

It may sound like I’ve lost the excitement for running a marathon but I realise that even those people who run marathons on a regular basis do not enjoy long runs as much as the actual marathon experience. Β Long training runs are lonely and a bit boring, running that same distance (and 10km more!) during an actual marathon is probably a whole other experience…. and I cannot wait to experience it πŸ™‚

Helen
    March 12, 2013 at 8:19 pm

One of the reasons I don’t run is I find even short runs boring, I have never experienced the zoning out some runners describe. Your training is going so well you are going to smash the Paris Marathon.

March 12, 2013 at 8:43 pm

10-20km runs are awesome for me – perfect for clearing my head, getting my heart rate up and feeling in love with the world.

kmlv
    March 11, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I deal with long run boredom by switching on a running game on my headphones (like Zombie Run) but of course my long runs have never quite reached your distances. πŸ˜‰

Races are a whole different ballgame though. I don’t like music then as I always run considerably faster when not listening to anything.

28 days omg. Can’t imagine how excited you must be! πŸ˜€

I’m sure you’ve mentioned it, but I can’t recall what training plan you’re using or if you just made up your own?

March 12, 2013 at 8:44 pm

WHAT is Zombie Run??

lisa gusto
    March 11, 2013 at 10:14 am

I’ve sponsord you.
    Good luck!!!
    X

March 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Thank you so much!

Claire
    March 11, 2013 at 7:42 am

I’ve never run a full marathon but felt exactly the same during my half – I think my longest run was 11 miles and I found it so boring! Then I got to the race and couldn’t believe how quickly it went and how exciting it all was.