15 In daily life/ running

The joy of running

Some days I just need to run for just the joy of it. This afternoon I headed out with music – something I haven’t done in a while, and decided just to ‘get lost’ on the gazillion paths of Wimbledon Common not worrying about distance, time,  cadence or forefoot vs midfoot vs heel striking.

The first 5km were a bit hard because I got dizzy, I think I was dehydrated. I always have water with me though so after that distance everything started to feel better and I had a great 15km run in the woods just listening to great music, enjoying the sunshine and loving running at a pace that feels comfortable and awesome all the way.

run_18may

The common is hilly but it just adds to the ‘adventure’ of it all.

run_18may2

I loved the surroundings so much I collected the husband and the kids as soon as I got home and we spent the afternoon there just letting the boys be boys and breathing in fresh forest air for a change.

18may6

The boys continued the construction of a little hut we found

A Saturday that fully charged my emotional as well as vitamin-D batteries 🙂

fortnightflo
    May 22, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Wow fabulous pictures what a lovely area to run in.

MrsB @ Mind over Matter
      May 23, 2013 at 10:28 am

It is great indeed, it’s just too bad that for a large part of the year it’s too muddy 🙁

Run Dabblers
    May 20, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Love Wimbledon Common. I did a 10km there recently and it was a bit hilly the first 2-3km. I was knackered! Ro

MrsB @ Mind over Matter
      May 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I love it too, just not when it’s muddy (which is for many, many months 🙁 )

barif0815
    May 19, 2013 at 9:50 pm

What a beautiful place to run! I’d get lost in that too.

Claire
    May 19, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Sounds like a great run, I love those relaxed days when you can pop your music on, forget your troubles and run with the world around you.

May 19, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Indeed. It’s good to remind myself once in a while that I’m not a professional athlete, I do not need to compete with anyone – running is just something I do for fun.

Cat
    May 19, 2013 at 7:07 am

Looks like a lovely afternoon – I also spent my day around Putney Heath/Wimbledon Common and rediscovered how great it is for running – I tend to overlook it in favour of Richmond Park but there are some great trails and the woodland and ponds are so calming!

May 19, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Richmond Park is nice and open but Wimbledon Common is a ‘jungle’ like my kids say 🙂 I actually quite like running in a jungle for a change.

Raine
    May 18, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Täna käisin üle mitme mitme aasta esimest korda siis jooksmas-sörkimas. Läks ainult poolteist kuud, et endale sisendada “jah, Raine, sa saad varajase ärkamisega hakkama (loe: jah, sa kuuled enne teisi oma äratuskella)” ning täna…siiski küll ennem õhtusööki tegin ära!
    Sörkisin vast ainult kilomeetri aga ka see võttis võhma välja (noh, meie elame küngaste vahel) ja kuna me oleme siin külas, siis nt täna jooksin ma koos jänesega 😀

Muide, ma mõtlesin täna sinu pääle, sest lugesin postimehe netilehet artiklit, kus ütles: “Ja jooksumaratoni võitis rekordajaga Liina” ja teisel real oli selle Liina perekonnanimi ka, aga kahjuks polnud see sina 😛

Muide, mis jooksu-appi sa kasutad?

May 19, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Rahulikult sörkimine ongi koige monusam 🙂 Ma kasutasin aastaid Runmeteri appi telefonis, nuud sain endale spordikella mida on hea kerge korra seisma panna kui hobused voi autod tee peal ette jaavad.

running_kmlv
    May 18, 2013 at 6:50 pm

It sounds and looks utterly amazing. Long runs at a comfortable pace really are the best. 🙂

May 18, 2013 at 6:57 pm

15km for me isn’t a ‘long run’ as such 😉 but it’s definitely great to do comfy paced runs once in a while. I’m making sure from now on I have one of those every week.