6 In mental health

Waves

I have written so much in the past 7 days but I can’t publish any of it. I just can’t edit, polish, clarify, make it make sense.

Anxiety comes in waves for me and while it actually helps me when I visualise it as waves, waves that come and go, right now it feels like the whole ocean is crashing down and I feel all kinds of trapped and panicky.

But I need to ride it out. It’s just a wave. It’ll pass.

Le yoga de Danielle
    November 24, 2017 at 7:10 pm

In yoga, I often use waves images of waves. I find them very soothing.

Kaitlyn @ Powered by Sass
    November 16, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Writing is my therapy, but it’s also my biggest stressor, especially with blogging + content creation, If you’re not ready or wanting to polish your articles, don’t. Take your time or share them in their raw form. I do that sometimes. The engagement might not be as high, and it might not be packaged in a pretty bow, but I do it for me. <3

November 18, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Good point. Sometimes I rewrite stuff way too many times and then never publish it. Sometimes I just write and publish and it’s all good like that. I’ve always said that I blog mostly for myself, I have been doing it for 12 years, but these days it’s all about ‘think about your audience and what they want’. I sort of get it but I think mostly I’m still just happy to blog for myself. When I read through my old posts I’m very proud of what I’ve written 😉

Archie
    November 14, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Everything will be alright! Keep your chin up!

mäemamma
    November 14, 2017 at 4:47 pm

Yes, wave’s a good image. I use that a lot too. Or simply stepping back and observing. Often, in yoga, I use the image of clouds. You lie down and start to breathe. With every exhale you imagine yourself sinking deeper into the mat, sinking further away from your worries and thoughts. It’s as if they stay above you, hovering above you. It might help.
    Sending you lots of hugs.

Anna @AnnaTheApple